Saturday, December 5, 2009

Washington Hall

enjoying my off day here in tampa, I'm not going out somewhere, don't want to spend any money today.. now is fall in florida, the wind is so damn strong, can you imagine the wind is pushing you aside when you're biking? i bike sooo hard for 20 min everyday to work.. there are two bridges some more that i have to pass.. geez I hate having a lot of pimples as well.. it will be great if I could drive my own car in here.. talking about how hot florida is eventhou it's already fall reminds me of my dorm back there in New Hampshire..
I never live in a dorm before and i think it's a really great experience for me.. well spending a lot of money is not really necessary if you want to find peacefulness, like renting another house and stay outside the dorm, well it depends of each people perspective. if i want to just stay by myself, i could just take the single room in the dorm, believe me it's more fun if we're staying together and spend most of our time with our classmates. =) geez i miss my fellow classmates at indon so much, how i spent my quality and stupidity time together with 'em.
ahem.. oh well.. let's get back to my previous dorm.. which i will be back there again next year.. the first time we came to new hampshire, it was really2 cold.. we arrived at 1am, we're really lost and don't know what to do.. I brought 2 freaking huge luggage with me, 1 small luggage, and 1 hand carrier with me.. oh what a day.. we didn't found any taxi as well, nobody's there.. it's really weird, so we found this unknown private taxi run by the African immigrant guys to our campus, it was really dark and pretty scary, we didn't have any clue at all when we arrived at our campus SNHU.. we circled around the campus area, and we just anyhow figure that we should just stay in front of this big building near the hospitality center, lol.
well break time.. it's time for diet coke.. brb.. anyway.. I'm watching chicken little right now, the fish is really cute ! aahh how calm i forgot how cute he is..
---
one of my friend saw a Korean boy, who's Richard, if I'm not wrong that would be his American name.. we were so cold back then, and he could able to speak English really well and he choose to ignore us at the first time.. at last I saw bunch of people who're entering their car, so I just ran after them and asked them to help us out, so that they called the security and they helped us to get some food =), ahh feels like I'm in a hobo's shelter..
The first day when we're there, the weather is so cold, we're freezing inside our room, trying to sleep.. day after day.. we met our other classmates one by one, Canadian, Jamaican, Peruvian, Nedherland, Turkish, Chinese.. I'm really excited to meet other people from different nationalities, it's just the other side of me to explore and observed their cultural minds..should i say again that i miss my Indonesian friends back home? =(
1 most important thing that we should consider by staying in a standard dorm.. PUT A FAN IN THE ROOM !! i never thought that i could be that hot in New Hampshire.. really it's more hotter than Vancouver.. i thought that i just want to save my money by not buying the $15 fan, ahh... what a selfish mind, i thought that 1,5 months won't be a long time, but i almost melted last time and i couldn't sleep at all cause of the heat.. ohh and i promise myself even though i need to walk by to the Walmart and carry that fan by myself? I would !
the other sucky thing is the lighting inside the room, it's not that bright and it's yellow ! why American like to put yellow lamps inside the room? it's really hard to stay and doing thing inside that room, i prefer to do things like paperwork and if possible chatting outside my room as well like in the library or in the common room.

0 comments: